c

Sunday 19 November 2017

DIRTY RICE WITH CHICKEN CUBES




Cooking and the love of food has followed me throughout my whole life and career.  I love making healthy food and teaching others how to make healthy food that tastes delicious.  I enjoy cooking but, more importantly, I LOVE to eat!

I have been “living to eat” since I am a little boy, I was very thin but I can eat as much as 2 adults men.

Now I am in mid forties and my weight was 148 kg and I have reduced it to 131 kg within the last 3 months, but on today I will not speak about how I have managed to lose weight, but on how to cook the spicy dirt rice that all members in your family will like it taste.

Dirty rice is normal rice but its color is being changed after cooking to brown color.

In Arabic world, we like the rice to be colored in brown and it is a very famous meal with fish or with chicken cubes.

The method is very simple and the rice will be tasty and very healthy.



And by adding more herbs and spices to increase the flavor after the process of making the rice colored is a step to remove some unrequired taste that might some people will feel.

So let's begin:

To prepare one meal for your family of 4 persons, you arrange the rice dry in one full size cup of size 150 ml or as per your usual serving and cooking size for the rice:

-Cut one onion to small parts.

-Fried it in hot oil till the color becomes dark brown and the onion is one step before getting burned.


-Add water with salt and herbs and spices to the fried onion, boil the mixture, the color of water will become dark brown with oily surface structure.

•              Add the dry rice without soaking in water into the boiling brown mixture.

•              Keep the mixture to boil for 10 to 15 minutes till the rice become bigger in size and keep moving the rice by spatula or long steel spoon.



•              If you like, you can fry some chicken boneless flesh cubes in another bot, and then add your chicken cubes when they are ready to the rice and keep mixing.



-after this mixture has the color of brown totally, switch off the fire under the bot, and close it with the cover and keep it for 10 minutes to relax.

•              Remove the cover, now the rice is becoming tasty and colored with brown color and chicken cubes are also the same with new taste that you will not forget.

•              On the side dish, add some Greek yogurt , and salad dishes to be served with the meal

By the way, I am cooking and my wife is playing on the internet .... AHH.







No comments:

Post a Comment

vv+